Sunday, February 5, 2012

When Do You Have the Final Word?

I've been dealing with the issue of the final word lately with a relationship that has now seen its expiration date.
I always imagined I would get the satisfaction to make this big monologue about the way everything was unfair to me, how much I was hurt by certain situations, and you know...make it about me!

What is the final word?

I'll tell you. It's this magical thought that like in all romantic comedies, the girl gets to finally put the jerk of the film in his place. It's the moment when all the "that's okay" aren't okay! When I understand turns into you are an idiot.

I wanted my moment but it turned into a text, Britney Spears style, basically saying we should part acquaintances. Why? Because I swear, guys have this sensor that goes off when a girl is ready to be done. It's like they can basically spend their time screwing up only to draw out the last of the relationship. Here's an idea....listen to the warning signs before we have to come to the end of the road.

So, here I am weeks later feeling the way everyone does when they realize it's all over....a little robbed of my TONY award! I put time and effort into that relationship. All I'm asking for is my stage to sound off on about how much  I cared, how many tears went into trying, and how much I do hate your taste in music.

If there is anything I've learned, it is to listen to your intuition. We all have that intuition that kicks in when we feel like something isn't right, right down to our core. Don't try to rationalize it or over think it. Listen to it, you'll know when something is right to fight for or when it's time to let things go. The planet is big and someone better out there is waiting to enter your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment